Thursday, September 30, 2010

YAY for Conference Weekend!

Hello family and friends!

How are you doing? It sounds like you guys had a nice visit with Tara and Paul! You need to send me some pictures of that cute family. THANK you for the package. My companion was bummed last week because her boyfriend/fiancée didn’t write her. Well she cheered up real fast when she got her present. She was so happy and just kept staring at it. Blow dryers are really expensive here. I had to pay 75 Brazilian money to get it so like 35 bucks! But thanks again! I loved all the yummy goodies, the cute socks and the earrings! Man I have the best parents in the world! I laughed about the comment about sweat. Yes we sweat a ton! I hate it! Just picture someone who has been running a marathon and how sweaty they are…we are like that EVERYDAY! It’s disgusting! Alright I’ll stop complaining.

I am so excited for Conference this weekend! What an amazing opportunity we get to listen to the prophet, a man called by God, speak to us about what we need to do to become better members, parents, friends, etc. We are all going to get a spiritual boost! I have a feeling the Prophet and the Apostles will talk a lot about missionary work. The number of missionaries has gone way down and there are a lot of young men and young women deciding not to serve. I pray that the young adults who can serve missions will turn in their papers and decide to serve! It is the best decision that anyone can make in this life and one of the most beneficial. We need so many more missionaries in the field; I hope more youth make the decision to serve the Lord. President Jayme closes areas every transfer so that slows down the work. So we all need to pray for more missionaries to get out in the field.

I am praying that I can watch conference in English. I need to find someone in the stake, a sister from the ward that speaks English. So far I have found no one. But, it will all work out. Conference is such a wonderful time and I know we will all receive personal revelation if we are praying for it. How was the Relief Society meeting? I’ll be watching it on Saturday morning, in Portuguese but I have been feeling more confident in Portuguese lately so I am not worried. I hope you all enjoy it too!

So this week has been a little more dramatic. Sunday was really weird. They released our bishop, called a new bishop for the new ward (the members are already complaining about him), left the bishop in the Grand Circular ward and… didn’t call a bishop for our ward! I sat there way confused. So as of right now, we don’t have a bishop. Apparently the first Presidency rejected the suggestion for the new bishop and no one had a plan B. ha. Ya, so it’s a bit of a mess and the members have gone crazy. I love the members here, but they are the biggest gossipers in the world. They all think Irmão Falivo will be called as Bishop and if he is called at least three families are saying they are going to stop going to church. It’s a big mess and frankly it is making me want to be transferred. I know we need to help the members and make sure we don’t participate in the gossip. We are only has strong as our ward. We can’t do this work without them and if the ward isn’t united then the new converts will stop going to church, too. We need to help them understand that it’s important to give support to our leaders, people called by God. They can’t lose their salvation because they don’t like someone. So the first counselor in the Stake will be taking care of our ward until they find a bishop. It looks like they might put missionaries in the new ward next transfer.

Geovan’s baptism was great. Sadly Luciana and Wendel didn’t even go to the baptism. We both were heartbroken, but Geovan was so excited to be baptized it boosted all of our spirits. I pray that one day this family will be baptized. They have taught me some really important lessons that I hope I remember after the mission. One is about putting family first and not worrying about how much money you have to make so you can buy your kids toys and pay other people to take care of them. I love Luciana, but I know that Geovana just wants to spend time with her mom and really talk to her. I think a lot of kids just want to spend time talking to their parents, but the parents always worry about the material stuff. I hope one day they can wake up and realize that money is not going to buy them happiness.

I haven’t talked about Eliani for awhile. She is doing great and will be baptized on Saturday if she doesn’t go on a trip. She has been going to church for so long, the members already think that she is a member. We love her a lot and can’t wait to see her get baptized! We are teaching another woman named Danili. She is awesome! She is living with her boyfriend who is inactive (he also is a workaholic) and they have a cute 2 year-old. They will be getting married on the 20th of November and she wants to get baptized the same day. Yes, I know it seems far away, but this will give us more time to reactivate Junior! So we are excited!

We have one more investigator that I love! Her name is Regina. She is a friend of a member and every time we go to her house, I feel such peace. It’s hard to explain, but I just feel like Heavenly Father loves this woman a lot and wants to help her with all the trials she is having right now. Sister Reis said she felt the same kind of Spirit at Regina’s house so we are pretty sure she will get baptized! YAY!

That basically sums up the week! We had interviews with President Jayme on Monday. He told me that because of the low number of sisters I have been with my “moms” for a really long time. He told me to be prepared, ha dad, you told me that too. So I am anxiously preparing. I haven’t been sleeping very well because I am just ready for a change and I am afraid that nothing will change for this next transfer. I just pray that I will accept whatever happens and realize everything has a purpose.

Oh we went bowling last week and it was amazing! We had almost thirty missionaries again! Everyone had a good time. I’ll try to send pictures. Today for p-day we invited some missionaries to our chapel. I made pancakes for everyone and we played some games. It was fun!

Well I hope you all have a good week ! Thank you for putting everyone’s names on the prayer roll in the temple. I know it will help them all! I love this gospel and I know it’s true! I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I know that he restored Christ’s church on this earth and today we have a Prophet that is a living witness of the great work! I can’t wait to hear from him!

Love you all!
Sister `Poole



Josiel's baptism! His cute family!


Bowling!

No comments: