Thursday, October 7, 2010

I love Conference!

Hello my wonderful family!

Wow wasn’t conference amazing!! I seriously loved all the conference talks! Before Conference I was praying to receive more personal revelation for my life after the mission and for during the mission. Heavenly Father answers every one of our prayers! As you know, sometimes I worry about what will happen when I get home. Well, I received my wonderful answer listening to Elder Holland’s talk and it helped me realize that everything will work out great when I get home. I got all teary-eyed as Elder Holland expressed his appreciation for his wonderful parents. I thought about the both of you and how you both have sacrificed so much for me to have this incredible life. I know I will never be able to repay you guys for everything so just know, that I AM EXTREMEMLY grateful for all you have done for me. I wouldn’t be here today, IF it wasn’t for my wonderful parents!! As I kneel to pray each night, I always thank my Heavenly Father for my precious family that means everything to me. I am so grateful that we are going to be an Eternal Family! What a wonderful blessing! I Love you both with all my heart and I will be better at showing that appreciation for you guys when I get home! Oh I can’t wait to give you both a big hug!!

I loved so many other things about Conference. I loved Elder Utchdorf’s talk. I laughed when He talked about the to-do list! I thought of me and mom with our to-do list. We all just need to slow down sometimes and learn how to enjoy life more. If we are so busy all the time, we will never feel the sweet whisperings of the Spirit. I loved how they talked about giving support to the Prophet. President Monson truly is called of God to lead Christ Church. I am so grateful for all he does for us! I loved his talk about showing more gratitude. Last conference he talked about service and now he is talking about showing more gratitude. We could all use a little more of both in our lives! I loved the talks about free-agency. This is one of the most precious gifts we have; we need to use it wisely! I also loved the talking about how we need to be better teachers with our attitudes. It’s true when we really have a good attitude about teaching, people will feel the Spirit more and remember the important principles. Ok, I could go on and on about conference, but that would make this email huge! I just loved every minute of it and I can’t wait to read all the talks next month! I hope you all enjoyed it, too and that it helped all of you in some way. Hey, I would love to go to conference in April!! Oh, and yes I was able to watch it in English! I watched the Relief Society session in Portuguese and I loved it, too!

Ok, so this week was interesting. Sister Reis had a serious health problem. We thought her wisdom teeth were coming in so she was having a lot of pain and was struggling to talk. Man I am so grateful that I took mine out before the mission. Há, I have learned not to complain about these types of things anymore because it would be horrible to take them out now. So, we lost lots of time working this week. Luckily her wisdom teeth really aren’t coming in and it was just an infected gum. She is doing better now. Eliane was baptized on Saturday!! It was one of my favorite baptisms! She was happy and excited! We had all the Elders in our Stake sing a special song for her and she loved it! I know she will stay strong in the Church!! Yay! Danili and Regina are still doing great! We just need to get them to go to Church! We get the transfer call on Saturday and I am SO nervous! I have been here six months and I want a change. But I have been praying to accept the Lord’s will!

This week should be a great week! WE have already started off with meeting some new investigators and making more contacts. P-day has been great too! The sisters slept over at our house last night. I made brownies and German pancakes for them. We will all be together until later this afternoon! Next week we are going to get ice cream with Sister Jayme! I am planning (ha big surprise) it and it should be a lot of fun!

Well, I love you both so much! Have a wonderful week! I know this is the true Church of Christ!! We have a Prophet who lives and apostles who were called by God too! I love this Gospel!

Com Amor
Sister Poole

No comments: