Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ah I am starting to feel old!

Hello Eternal Family (Man I love that promise!)

Ok, so I think I am getting old! Yes, I know I only have one year on the mission, but man, my body is tired! We always joke that we are the old sisters on the mission because we both have over a year. I pray that I can move past this tired, achy body crap and keep giving it my all. The weather is still unbearably hot, but the good news is that summer is almost over. It will cool down a bit; probably stay around 100 degrees instead of 114!

Brasil is in the mist of political elections. It looks like a woman named Dilma will be the new president. Politics here seem way different than the United States. There are a lot of goof balls trying to make it into office...hey wait I think that is the same in the US, hahaha. Oh I loved the pictures of the Crane girls! They are so beautiful! I can't wait to give them all a big hug!

So, change is definitely in the air! Our ward is pretty big so they have decided to divide it. They are going to take a part of our area, Colina do Aleixo, and put it with a part of Grand Cucilar. I am very worried because we might only stay with one ward so that means we can't visit Patricia, Tiago, Jardel and Lidiane anymore. There aren't any missionaries arriving to take care of this new ward. I worry that they will all stop going to Church. We heard some rumors that I would be taking care of the new ward with a part-time missionary. Part time missionaries are members who get set apart for six weeks as missionaries. They have never gone to the CTM and usually they don't have very much teaching experience. To be honest, I am praying that this happens. I know it would be a big challenge for me, but I'm ready! I would love to open this new area and help this new ward. Plus, I already know some of the members. But, it's all just rumors for now. All I know is the ward is splitting this Sunday and transfers don't happen until October. I am so anxious for a change. It's all up to the Lord, I trust in Him and I know that everything will work out.

Do you know if that American Sister made it to Brasil? Sister Reis thinks I will train her! I have a feeling I will too, but like I said before it's all up to the Lord. I will just keep doing my part, learning all I can from Sister Reis and preparing in every way possible. Yes, I am feeling tired, but I think opening an area or training would give me a little burst of energy. I love the scripture in Hel 10:3-5. The Lord is talking with Nephi and he mentions how he preached with unwearyingness! I want to be that type of missionary! Nephi stopped worrying about his own life and trusted completely in the Lord. The Lord made a promise to him that if he preached with all his might, he would be blessed the rest of his life! What an amazing promise. I trust in all the promises of the Lord and I know He will always do His part as long as we do ours! I sure do love the Book of Mormon! I study it everyday and I know that if we follow it's teachings we will continue strong in the Church. Heavenly Father has given us some many wonderful things to help us hold to the rod, it's up to us if we want to stay strong or not!

The work is going good. Another week has flown by! We are teaching lots and lots of women. I hope we can start teaching their husbands soon. Lucina and Wendel have started avoiding us. Luckily they still want Geovana to be baptized Saturday. We are both really excited about that. She will be such a great missionary someday. Josiel's baptism went great, so now we just need to help his family stay strong. I will send pictures next week!

We are going bowling in a few hours and we are going to McDonald's! YAY! I don't really like McDonald's, but it has been over a year since I have had American food, so I have to go! So about my package...wow what an adventure. The post office here was holding my package hostage. So, this morning we woke up early and headed to another city to get it. Apparently, they thought I would sell the hair dryers so they made me pay 75 bucks to get my package. Ya, mom I am pretty ticked about it, too. But I've prayed and now I am happy again :). I haven't opened it because we won't be going home until later this afternoon. I'll probably make the elders carry it for me ha.

Well I am doing great! I hope you guys are doing wonderful too! I sure do love you guys and I am so excited that we are going to be together forever!! Have an AMAZING week! Share your testimonies with others!!

Love you
Sister Poole

2 comments:

Erica said...

I'm so glad i just found your blog!!!!!!!! I miss you so much! I have a package for you that i've had sitting at my house since before your birthday.. i am such a horrible friend!!!!I've been looking at all your pictures and posts. It looks like you are having an amazing time. I'm so sorry about snowball. I almost started crying when i read your post. Stay safe and keep an eye out for my package here soon. I hope you would have to pay extra to get it from the post office.
-Love Erica

Erica said...

*won't have to pay extra