Hello everyone,
Well this week has definitely been the week of changes!!! My new companion is Sister Dias. She was companions with Sister Boyack this past transfer. I am excited to work with her! She is always happy and brings a smile to everyone’s face. I am REALLY excited that she is my companion and I hope we have a good transfer.
Sister Boyack was transferred to open an area in ACRE. So, Acre is basically in the jungle!! We all thought that the President would never send sisters there, but he finally opened it up for us. I have been praying everyday since that I will be sent there. It is really hot there, but at night it is freezing so you have to sleep with a blanket! I have been praying every night that I can go there for at least one transfer!! It would be so cool. Sister De Oliveira was transferred to Boa Vista, area Buritis (the other area for sisters). She seems to be doing great there. The sisters are really starting to die out here and the President is having a hard time finding part-time missionaries to help serve with us. So Sister Read’s companion is a 47 year-old Irma. She will only be serving for six weeks, but she has always wanted to serve a mission. She is really cute.
As far as our area goes, they have combined the two areas so now our area is huge! I am grateful that they didn’t close my area and we can work in both. Joelma and Samon gave up!! Last week Sister De Oliveira was sick so I went on a division with a member and we went to their house. Samon wouldn’t even look at me. It was heart breaking when they told me that they needed time to work things out. I went back with Sister De Oliveira and they still were distant with us. I was hoping we could help this family, but we can’t force anyone to accept the gospel. I just hope they find happiness in this life.
Patricia and Tiago are doing really well. We were going to go to the Center with them today for p-day, but I am sick so we are going to go next week. Tiago finally came to church on Sunday! I don’t think he has been to church for a long time. Patty loves reading the Book of Mormon and she seems to understand what she is reading. I love her a lot and I am so grateful that we are able to help her. Jardil and Lidiane are doing awesome! They came to church on Sunday and they really liked it. I already feel like they are members. We are sending their marriage papers in next week. I am still nervous that something is going to go wrong. We haven’t had any difficulties with them since we started teaching them. They are always waiting for us to come everyday and they love the Book of Mormon, too. We met this family doing contacts on the street. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for this wonderful family. We are also teaching their cousin Gila and she will be baptized the 17th of July, too. Man that day is going to be crazy, two weddings and baptisms! It is going to be the BEST day!
Oh, so yesterday at the transfer meeting I met elder McKay’s mom. She is really sweet and she took a picture of me to send to you. It made me miss home, haha.
So, yesterday we had to take the bus back to our area. Wow it was the most awkward experience of my life!!! The bus was packed so we had to squeeze to fit in. It would have been ok if it was just girls, but I swear it was an all guy bus. I wanted to die. I just kept looking at Sister Dias like, “OK, some guys butt is touching my butt; PLEASE help me.” Hahaha, but there was nothing we could do about it. So awkward!
That about sums up my week. I was studying about enduring to the end today and I really love the scripture in 2 Nephi 31:20. It is a missionary’s favorite scripture. I love the promise in this scripture. If we endure to the end we WILL have eternal life. What a wonderful promise from our Heavenly Father. We need to work hard every day to endure to the end. I know the Lord will help us stay on the right path if we have faith and if we work hard everyday to follow His commandments, even the small ones!! I love this gospel and I love my mission!
Have a wonderful week and don’t forget to read and pray everyday!!
Com Amor
Sister Poole
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment