Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The small and simple things can make all the difference!

Hello Everyone!

Another good week here in Brasil. It has cooled down a little bit so that has helped a lot. I know I say this a lot, but the weeks are going by so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday I was leaving home, starting my mission. I remember how scared I was to live in Brasil and now I feel like it is my adopted country ha. I love living here and I love all the wonderful experiences I am having. It's funny because I think the mission truly starts to mean more to you the more time you are a missionary.

We had Zone Conference on Monday and it was pretty much amazing. President Jayme talked a lot about obedience and he even clarified a few rules that everyone has been wondering about. I left the conference having the desire to be better. I realized that I was doing OK with the big mission rules, but that I needed to start paying more attention to the small rules. I love the scripture in Alma 36:6-7. It talks about how the small and simple things in the life can make all the difference. I know that if I try to be more obedient and pay attention to the small rules, this will make all the difference in my mission. I know I will feel like I am being a better missionary and I will teach with the Spirit more. This scripture truly applies to things that happen in our life, too. If we all just paid more attention to those small and simple commandments, we would feel the Spirit more in our lives. Our testimonies would be strengthened and we would keep enduring to the end. The "small and simple" things can change our lives if we are willing to notice them. The President talked more about other things, but I forgot my notes at home. Oh, best part of the conference is that I didn't have to give a talk or anything. Ha, looks like my speaking curse has finally stopped.

Our investigators are doing awesome! I really don't have any new things to tell you guys about them. We turned in all their marriage papers so everything seems to be coming together for the 17th. We just need to get a bigger pool of new investigators. That has been our struggle lately because we spend a lot of time with Jardel, Lidiane, Patricia, and Tiago. We are even planning a pizza dinner with all four of them next p-day. It should be a good time.

I have faith that these two couples will get married and baptized. I love both of these families and I know that we will do everything that we can to see them enter the waters of baptism. We also have two young girls that we are teaching, Alcileny and Dila. They are really struggling, but we won't give up on them. We have started reading the wonderful messages from conference with them. We have been reading more of the Young Women's General Conference talks. Mom, I highly suggest you read these again with your wonderful Young Women. These talks are amazing and will help these girls realize just how much their Heavenly Father loves them!

Things are still really good with Sister Dias. I love her a lot and I thank Heavenly Father everyday that she is my companion. We both have a strong desire to work and find ways to become better missionaries. I have some cute pictures of us I will send you guys next week. I am loving being able to watch the World Cup. We didn't watch the game on Sunday because well... it was Sunday ha. But the next game is Friday! I hope they win!

Well that is all the news I have to tell you this week! I love you all so much! Thanks for everything you do for me! I loved the pictures of dad covered in sawdust! Ha, so funny! Have an incredible week!

Com Amor
Sister poole

1 comment:

Lisa M said...

How fun. I went to Manaus on my mission 10 years ago....yup, I'm old. I loved seeing your pics and reading your stories. I was Sister Sorenson, and served with Presidente Cambell. I got to your blog from Aubrey, I know her from my book club. Anyways, good luck on your mission! Enjoy the heat and rain and the Brazil craziness. I miss it terribly!