Wednesday, June 16, 2010

HAPPY NINE MONTHS!!!

Wow I can’t believe I have been a missionary for nine months! Sometimes it feels like my mission is going by so fast and other days it still seems like I have a long way to go!! I love being a missionary and I love being able to share this gospel with so many people!! I will admit at times I feel that I am not making a difference, but then I remind myself that every single person I talk to, I am planting a seed and who knows maybe one day they will accept the gospel. I have learned so many things about myself and about how to treat others that I know I will be different when I get home. And I have learned lots of things living in the World too.

I will admit I think we are a little sheltered in Utah. The World is such an unhappy place and this gospel truly brings REAL happiness into our lives. I know these next nine months are going to be AMAZING!! I feel more confident in my teaching and being able to communicate (Ha I still need to study more). Thanks everyone for your support, love, and for writing me letters!! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and awesome friends! I thank Heavenly Father everyday for each and every one of you! I truly hope you are all doing well and that the Lord is blessing your lives. Man, life is so great!! We all need to make the most out of each day!

This week was a lot of fun! I really like Sister Dias and I have laughed a lot with her this week. We are still getting to know each other, but I love how laid back she is. She never seems stressed! So she is helping me to learn how to love the little things and how to laugh more. I really feel like she has been an answer to my prayers and I hope I can be a good companion for her!



My lovely compy!!


Patty and Tiago are doing well! Tiago is having a hard time trying to quit smoking, but we have faith that he can kick the habit. Patty and I have become really good friends! I like her a lot and I hope we stay in contact after the mission. I am so grateful that I met her and that we were able to help her. Just keep her in your prayers please. We should be turning in their marriage papers next week!



Patricia, Tiago and Levi


Patricia!


I really love patty!!

Jardel and Lidiane are doing well. For p-day today we went to the center with Lidiane. She bought her wedding shoes and I also bought some things to celebrate my nine months, oops! We had a lot of fun with her today. We are turning in their marriage papers tomorrow!! Yay, I am so happy for them. The only problem is that Jardel is having a little trouble with the Word of Wisdom. But we will keep working with him and all will be well. I am so excited for the 17th of July! Two weddings and baptism! It will be a special day!


Jardel and Lidiane

Well the people of Brasil have gone a little crazy! The World Cup is here and the parties have begun. The President is allowing us to watch the Brasil games. It was fun watching with the members yesterday! They are all crazy and were jumping up and down when Brasil made a goal. It was pretty entertaining. The next game is this Sunday so we won’t be watching it. I love how excited and happy everyone is right now! I think I am going to be a soccer fan when I get home. lol


They really get excited for the World Cup so they decorate all the streets with these banners


I had to buy a Brasil shirt to cheer for my adopted country


We were just waiting for the cup to start


Watching the world cup with the members!!


some more members

Hmmm,I think that is the only news I have for you this week. I am still getting to know Sister Dias’ investigators. We are teaching a man named Raimundo and a young girl named Alsilane. Raimundo is being persecuted by his family so we are having a hard time finding a place to teach him. His family burned his Book of Mormon a few days ago. He is really having a hard time. But it looks like he wants to get baptized so all we can do is keep helping them. We are having a hard time finding new investigators so we are starting to work even more with the members. But I know everything will work out good!

Well it sounds like you both had another great week! I loved the pictures! I am glad my friends are still taking care of you guys for me! Have fun working in the Garden and planting flowers! Don’t worry about me, I am happy! I hope you guys are too! I know this church is true! I know that when we obey the Lord’s commandments our life becomes easier and we feel His love more abundantly in our lives. I am so grateful for our Savior and I really hope I can show love to His children like He does.

I love you all!

Com amor

Sister Crystal Poole



At the transfer meeting with some sisters!


It was Valentines day on the 12th so I gave my valentine (my compy) a present! She laughed so hard!


Happy Nine months. Ha this pic turned out bad!!

1 comment:

Tara Mogle said...

hahahah dang that crystal. that last pictures is too funny. dang her. happy nine months. she'll be home before we know it.

love you guys