Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Finding the Elect!!

Hello Everyone!!!

Well, this week has been AMAZING!!! We found a new family to teach and we have already set the date for their baptism!! I truly believe that this family was waiting just for us. Their names are Jardele and Lidiane. They are a young couple and they have a little boy. They live in a tiny two room apartment. They are really humble and like the lessons. So, they still haven't been to church but they accepted our invitation to be married and baptized!!! I am really excited. We just need to help them stay excited and live the Word of Wisdom. It is interesting because a few days ago the husband decided to try this new coffee like drink instead of drinking coffee. He didn’t know why he bought it, but he just felt like he should. We usually tell our investigators to buy this drink if they are having a problem with coffee because it is just like coffee but it doesn’t have the harmful chemicals. So, that was a really cool experience when he told us that he had already bought it. It strengthened my testimony that the Lord is really preparing people to hear our message, we just need to find them. So please keep our new family in your prayers. We marked the date for the 17th of July!!! YAY!

Patricia is doing really well!! We are going over to her house in a few hours just to hang out with her on P-day. I like her a lot. We had FHE at her house on Monday and we ended up inviting our new family to participate. Well, it turned out really funny because Patricia was in charge of giving the message. She was really nervous and just started reading from the Gospel Principles book. Her mother-in-law is a member and LOVES to talk. So, she basically took over the lesson. Kids were screaming, and I was way distracted by a huge spider on the wall (I swear it was bigger than my hand). So it turned out pretty funny and our new investigators just looked really confused the whole time. But it was a good experience for everyone! Hahaha.

Joelma and Samon are not doing very well. They are slowly starting to give up. Nothing has changed with the papers so Samon can get divorced. I am not sure what to do at the moment. Of course we will continue to visit them, but they aren’t going to church and they aren’t making much of an effort. And other people from different churches have started visiting them. But, we won’t give up on them!! I hope things go better this week for them.

Good news, Sister Gabani sent me a text saying Jozuette and her family have started saving money so they can go to the temple!! I started crying when I read the text! Sometimes I wonder if I am even making a difference, but I think I helped at least one family so that makes me happy. I pray that I can see them get married in the temple!!!!

So other interesting news... I will be starting my first English class for the members and investigators tomorrow!! Yikes! I am nervous because I have no idea how to teach English, but I have a few ideas so wish me luck!

I was thinking about the Youth theme for the year in Joshua 1:9. I really like this scripture about being strong and having courage because the Lord is always with us. Whenever times get hard, we just need to read this scripture and have courage. The Lord never promised that this life would be easy, but He did promise that if we obey His commandments He will help us!! I love this gospel! This transfer has been more difficult for me than the others, but we have transfers on Monday so I am hoping this next transfer will be better!! I know this is the True Church of our Heavenly Father here on this Earth! I love that our families can be together forever! And I know that if we endure to the end, the Lord has promised that we will live together forever! I am so grateful to know that I can be with my wonderful family forever!

LOVE you all! Have a good week!

Com Amor

Sister Poole!!

No comments: