Hola everyone,
So this week was pretty exciting with Elder Scott coming to visit! You could feel the excitement on Friday waiting for him to arrive! When he came into the room the Spirit was so strong. I was sitting next to my teacher and she had this huge smile on her face. She told me she had butterflies. I love her. Anyway, the first thing he talked about was how hard sister missionaries work. My district all talked to me after because they think I work too hard and because lately I haven’t been working out because the gym teacher tutors me, but I think I can work harder. Then he said something I would never think an apostle would say. He said that sisters need to stop working so hard during certain times of the month. Ha-ha. All the Elders looked so uncomfortable. But that was nice to have an Apostle emphasize that with us. He said if we are good missionaries we will work so hard that we are exhausted at the end of each night. That will be easy for me because I always feel tired. He said to not cut our study time short and pray out loud to our Heavenly Father every chance we get. My favorite part of his talk was when he said don’t let others set the tone of your mission (this can apply to you; don’t let others set the tone of your life). I really liked that! I might have companions in the field who are not obedient and don’t want to work, but they will not set the tone for my mission. I will work as hard as I can and hopefully they will follow my example. He said to love the scriptures and dive into learning from the Book of Mormon. Every time we read the Book of Mormon we can ALWAYS learn something new! Then he bore his testimony about the Savior and how the Atonement can solve everything that is unfair in this life if we let it! Wow! I just wish you could’ve been there! Shaking his hand and looking into is his face was pretty sweet. He is a good man and a great apostle. I am so grateful I got the chance to meet him.
Well nothing else happened this week. My favorite scripture for the week was 2 Nephi 25:26. It is all about rejoicing in our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that for once in my life I put the gospel first! Studying the scriptures and learning the doctrine comes first! I will never have this opportunity again so I am trying to make the most of it. Everyone should study Preach My Gospel! All we do is study that and practice teaching! So I know that will help you know how to answer questions about the church better.
The food is ok here. We have cake and chocolate milk every night so I might have gained a few pounds. I officially leave the CTM in three weeks! So crazy! I hope I get your package this week. I have been craving peanut butter! Really your cards and emails are all I need!
Talk you next week!
Love,
Crystal
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
why is that every week when I read her email I find myself in tears at the end...EVERY TIME!!!
She is fabulous and her testimony and desire to work hard and learn all that she can is very inspiring.
I hope that you and Rondo are staying busy and enjoying life.
lotsa love
Tara
Post a Comment