Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This week at CTM High...‏

Hola Family and Friends, Oi!

So this week I have some exciting news and sad news! Richard G. Scott is coming to the CTM on Friday! I am soooooooo excited! We get to meet him and shake his hand. I've never met an Apostle before so I'm stoked! Sad news, we were supposed to go proselytizing, for our first time on Friday, but because of the devotional we can't go. And we might not get to go until our 8th week :(. I have been looking forward to this for the past six weeks. I just keep praying they let us go on Saturday. I'll survive if we don't go, but I was looking forward to doing real missionary work. I've heard so many cool stories about proselytizing, I hope it happens.

Our TRC experience turned out pretty good. We taught 3 youth members ages 14 and 15. They talked so fast that one of the instructors had to ask them to slow down! After we taught them we had to watch ourselves teach and it was hilarious. The instructor watching us told us good job on being happy. He told my companion to stop saying "um" so much. He didn't give me anything to work on, but I already know what I need to do..learn Portuguese. Ha ha. I get better at it every day, but can barely make sentences that make sense. Oh well, like I said before I am being blessed with lots and lots of Patience and Faith.

I learned something interesting from Mark chapter 1:17-18. Jesus is talking to his Apostles and he is telling them to drop their nets and come follow him. They immediately forsake their nets and follow our Savior. My Branch President related this story to nets we all may be carrying around that stop us from becoming stronger disciples of Jesus Christ. Our nets can be sin, not forgiving others, contention, we are angry, our trials, etc. He related it to missionary work that we as missionaries need to let go of our nets whether it be a boyfriend or girlfriend, our mom :), friends. Once we forsake our nets we become true disciples of Jesus Christ and we can have Eternal Life. I think we all have our personal nets we carry around that cause us not to feel the spirit. It helped me realize I need to stop worrying about what is going on back at home and focus more on this work so I can be the best missionary. I am on the Lord's time so I need to work extra hard. Just a little story I thought was interesting. I just LOVE learning about this gospel and learning how to teach it to others so they can love it too!

Well nothing else really happened this week. We haven't had any new Americans for awhile. Our branch has 30 people and we are the only sisters. After Friday, we will only have 16 American sisters. All the elders and sisters are stuck in Provo. Man did I get lucky! Every day I am so grateful I am here!

Oh, I received 9 letters this week!! Two from mom, (one with the blog update from Bekah. I loved reading it!!) two from Nakita, Tara, Aunt Charlene, Grandpa T, The cute Simpson family, and a lady you work with, Sister Sobek! THANKS everyone! Your letters always boost my spirits and I love hearing from you! I don't know why it takes so long for mail, but I will be sending you all letters today!

Our district is getting along so great right now! WE have a really good group and we are all learning from each other.

Well I have been trying to be so obedient with my email time (Only 45 minutes a week) but my time is up. Talk to you next week!! Tell everyone I say hello!

Love,
Sister Crystal

Here are some pictures that we took on our last trip to the Sao Paulo Temple.



2 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

ok, I know its a bit early to be saying this but I can't wait to see her again. She is growing in so many new ways and its so fun to hear the new things she is learning


....off to write another letter!
lotsa love

Poole Family said...

Yes, I agree. I am totally missing her but I know that this opportunity will change her life forever, so I am surviving! Love ya lots!!