Wow I really can't believe I have been gone for a month!! Looking back on this past month, I've realized how fast the time hás gone. It is so crazy to think about all the things I have learned about myself and the gospel! It makes me want to try even harder to make each day better!
This past week hás been a little tough. Sister Leitherer was sick, so of course I picked up something she had. One day she went to bed at 6pm! I stayed up and studied, but now I have a little bit of what she hás. But we are both getting better.
Nothing really exciting háppened this week. Oh we do have two new elders in our District so we have 10 people total. We had to go to the police station to get finger printed for our visas this past week. It was a funny experience. There was 70 missionaries so all the people were just staring at us. We also had a Holiday on Monday. Its called Children's day. All the cooks dressed up and gave us candy. The cafertia was decorated with balloons and stuff. The only sad part was we dont get mail on Holidays. I didnt receive any letters this week but it's ok I'll survive!
The langauge is coming along! The key I've realized is to not get stressed and keep having a póstive attitude. Sister Leitherer stresses about the language so much. So I try extra hard to relax about it. I think I've learned more Português than German because I am not afraid to talk to the Brasilians even though I'm not very good. When I was in Germany I would always rely on my room mate or other people to help me communicate. So I just need to keep doing that and it will get easier. We have TRC on Saturday. Basically we teach real Brasilian members the first lesson in Português without any notes. Ah I hope it góes well. I keep trying not to think about it. They record us and make us watch so we know what to work on. I have a lot to study and memorize this week, but it really isn't that big of deal. Oh we had a Português only day! It was so tough! I forgot how to ask if I could get in the shower, so I stood in the shower and asked my roomies if I could get in. So funny. My roommates and I have started a silly prank war with each other. I started it, I hid in my closet and scared them. So they have been hiding under their beds and in their closets trying to get me back. Last night I hid in my suitcase and tried to scare them. Good times.
Lately I have been reading and studying about our Savior. I LOVE learning about his life!! He was such an incredible person and I know if I study about him I will be able to teach people better about his life. I was reading in Matthew chapter 14 I think. It was about Peter walking on the water towards Jesus. I love this chapter because it show how much the Savior loves us. Peter is walking towards Jesus and He hás faith at first but then he starts to doubt and sink. He cries Lord Save me! IMMEDIATLY Jesus saves him. I feel like there are so many people in this life crying out for help. They have lost their faith and they need someone to help save them. Missionaries and members are representivatives of Jesus Christ. Our main responsibilty is to help God's children find the light and gain Faith in our Savior. I am so excited to get out in the field and start helping people!!!!! You should read that chapter it is amazing. Oh thanks for the Ensigns. Mom you are so dang smart. You gave me one all about the Savior and I learned so many things from it! So thank you! I love our Savior and I love being able to study about him! We just got back from the São Paulo temple. I love it there. Today was the first time I pondered for a long time in the celestial room. I love going to the temple when you have time to ponder, feel close to Heavenly Father and pray!
I love you all so much and I hope you are happy! You are always in my prayers! Have a great week!
Love,
Crystal
Here is a picture of me, Sister Read, Sister Poarth, Sis Leithere and Sister young (she is in manaus right now)

This is what we see when we leave the MTC. Brasil!

This is a pic of the MTC courtyard. It rains and is cold most days (thanks for making me take a sweater. I wear it almost every day) but last pday it was warm.

This is the big map in the MTC.

This is me hiding in my suitcase!

Having some fun with Sister Adams!

Relieving stress with Sister Moyle....

We found frosted flakes! so yummy

Stuck in the Shower???
3 comments:
Holy Crow! I can't believe it's been that long. Crystal I love you! How do I send you mail?!?!? How much postage and such?
Ha nevermind! I saw the side note on the blog! Got it!
she is my little ray of RED sunshine! I love her.
Post a Comment