Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Zone Conference was Amazing

Hello Everyone!!

Sorry again about last week! When it rains here the power ALWAYS goes out for hours. It’s a pain in the butt. It sounds like you had a great week. Dang you guys missed Jen’s wedding. I wish I could’ve been there to see her, but I can’t wait to see the pictures when I get home. Hey, have you guys seen any pictures of Rachael?? Please send me some! I loved the pictures of the Crane kids! They are so dang cute.

So funny story; I finally received another letter from Stephanie. Well we can’t open letters until P-day and I got it on Monday. So I must have been super anxious to read this letter because I woke up at 5 am just to read it today! I couldn’t wait any longer. I was dying to know what was going on in her life. So yeah, I still love getting cards from the friends. In fact I hope all my good friends are doing ok. This week, I think on Saturday, I will have less than 100 days! I hope they are the best and most rewarding days on the mission!

This week has been good. We met a man named Manuel and we already marked his baptism date. If everything goes right, he will be getting baptized next week. He is a bit older (around 60) and he is looking for a wife. I showed him a picture of Grandma and he wants to call her! Hahaha. Just joking I didn’t show him a picture, but I’ll try to hook them up after the mission. We also met a wonderful woman named Geraldinha! I already love her! She lives with her kids and has only been in Manaus for a few months. She never leaves the house and just stays home all day. She is really sweet and has already come to church. We will probably mark a date for her next week! We also have a few more investigators that are moving along nicely, but we haven’t marked a date for them yet. So yeah the work is going good!

We had an amazing Zone Conference on Monday! I felt the Spirit so strong and I received a good energy boost. Things are going well with Sister Nunes and we are becoming good friends. We bought pizza one night and just talked.

So now the sad news…I talked to sister Gabani on the phone and she said Jouzete have stopped going to Church. It broke my heart to hear this. I asked if the family was still preparing for the temple and she said no. Ah, I wanted to buy a plane ticket to Boa Vista that day!!! I pray that I can go back and help her go back to church. Man this family is so special, I don’t want to give up on them. Please keep them in your prayers! All we can do is pray for them now.

Well I hope you guys have a great week! Just know that I know this Gospel is true. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and I know that He is always here to help us. Sometimes in life we feel like the sons of Mosiah who were going to preach to the Laminates. In Alma 26: 27 it talks about how they were depressed and wanted to go back home, but of course the Lord stepped in and told them to hold on just a little longer. Sometimes that happens to us in life. We feel depressed and want to give up. But we can’t!! We have to keep going! The sons of Mosiah kept going and they were patient through their trials. In the end, they helped save thousands of Laminates. We need to be patient in our trials and trust in God. We can’t give up, we have to keep going! Heavenly Father and our Savior will help us! I have a strong testimony of this and I am so grateful for every trial I have had in my life and on the mission. Our trials make us stronger! We will all make it to the end and one day live with our Heavenly Father again!!

Have an amazing week!

Love you!
Sister Poole


Look monkeys love red hair! hummm. Yes this is a real monkey! He is so cute






My beautiful comps!!



I just wanted granny to see the cute dress she picked out for me!! I loved it







Patrick's baptism!! He is such a cutie pie!




Remember the family that got baptized from Acariquara? Here is the pic of the kids!








Look we are twinners in our blue clothes!! We were at their goodbye party!






Today we went to the Center! It was all decorated for Natal! There were tons of Americans.

No comments: