Thursday, December 23, 2010

Feliz Natal! Eu amo vocês!

Hello Everyone!!

Sorry this email is getting to you one day late. We had our Christmas conference yesterday and didn’t have time to email. So the President all gave us permission to email today!

I am so excited you talk you guys on Saturday!!I have decided that we can only talk for 45 minutes. It seriously has been the hardest decision, but it’s the right one. It is a mission rule and I have always broken it. I am trying to be 100% so I have to do this. I would love to talk for hours to my wonderful family, but I cant. I hope you guys understand! I don’t know if it will make a difference in the next three months, but at least I can end my mission on a high note, obeying with exactness. Please don’t be sad or anything! It will be the best 45 minutes!! And yes it is a land line. I sure hope we don’t have the same problem like on Mother’s day! Christmas will be amazing and I cant wait to hear your lovely voices!

I received two packages and some cards this week! We set up the Christmas tree and put the presents around it! It feels almost like home hahah. Thanks for taking such good care of us!! I don’t know what happened to the third package but I am sure it will get here!! I loved the cards!

This week was so busy! The president called me and asked me to take care of a sister who was returning from her mission in Sao Paulo. She is from the interior of Manaus and needed to stay with us a few days before she went home. It was a little overwhelming, but it turned out great. Manoel’s baptism was really special! The Spirit was there and we had a good turn out for members. I sure hope he stays strong and keeps going to church! I know he will if the members do there part and help him.

Geraldinha came to church on Sunday but we are having a hard time getting to her house to teach her. We have to move her baptism date to next week, so we are praying that she accepts! I’ll let you know how it goes. We are also preparing another man for baptism, Nelson. He should be getting baptized next week too! We are really excited and the work is going great here! We are already preparing a few others for baptism in January! I love this area!

Our Christmas conference was way fun! We took pictures at the temple and had a fun talent show. We went to lunch at a way fancy restaurant and afterwards watched a movie called Defying the Giants! Have you guys seen it? I loved it! I must be getting emotional in my old age because I was crying during it. The faith of the coach was amazing and this story can be applied to missionary work!! It was a great conference and the Spirit is definitely coming back to the mission! YAY!

I just want you all to know how much I love this gospel and how much I love this time of year! What a wonderful opportunity we have to celebrate the Saviors’ birth and think about him on this wonderful day. I know we all get excited for presents and yummy Christmas dinner, but we need to remember what this day represents and look for ways to strengthen our testimony of our Savior. After a few weeks of feeling the Spirit prompting me, I have decided to start studying more about the Atonement. I should have started a long time ago, but other topics always seemed to come up. I pray that this will strengthen my own faith in our Savior and that I can help strengthen other peoples’ testimonies about him. This is a wonderful time of year! Take advantage of it!

Love you all! Feliz natal!
Sister Poole


Our beautiful tree!! THANKS!



We went to the nicest place in Manaus for lunch!



My fake district from the CTM



At the Christmas conference yesterday! We went to the temple grounds!



Our little choir for the Christmas devotional




Our third compy for the week! Sister Ferreira



Manoel's baptism!!

No comments: