Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh take me back to the start...

Hello everyone!

YAY, we have been a family for 19 years!! I know these have been the best 19 years of our lives and I thank Heavenly Father everyday that I am blessed with such an amazing family and I have to admit, I think we are pretty good looking, too. Haha. I hope you guys celebrated! I laughed about the GPS gifts. Most people in Brasil don’t even know what a GPS does. We truly are blessed.

Is it just me or are the weeks going by at turbo mode? When I tell people I only have five more months on the mission they all start to laugh and tell me that I am almost done. To me, it just seems like I am starting again.

This has been a hard/tiring week and I will admit I lost my focus as a missionary. I became so obsessed with having good numbers to show the President that we are working, that I probably missed some important moments to show more love to people. I have never really worried about the numbers because I was just the junior. I tried my best to support my senior companions and I never understood why they stressed about numbers so much. Now, I understand and I want to go back to my greenie days. It was such a carefree time and I now I feel like I have to be perfect at everything!! I know it’s all in my mind, but I have been stressing a lot this week. Looking back on our week, we worked really hard and our numbers were really good for the first week. I don’t think I have worked this hard in a long time, I know it’s sad to admit. But, I feel like I have this new bolt of energy here. I am getting along great with the members and I already love them! We made so many contacts last week that our schedule is full until next week. We came home exhausted every night and I loved it. I have a feeling that the next five months are going to be the most challenging and the most rewarding. I just don’t want to worry about the numbers anymore. I know we are teaching people not numbers! I pray that I can get my focus back and help more people.

The investigators we have are not processing at the moment. I was really tempted to cut them all and start over, but Sister Nunes loves these people so we will keep working with them. This ward is a baptizing ward which means they love to baptize, but they are really bad at staying friends with the new converts after baptism. And they love to baptize kids and youth. I love helping families and that is what we need to do, baptize families. So I am trying to help the ward stretch a little bit and help us find families! They want this ward to divide so we need more men and families. I pray that we can help this ward feel the importance of helping more families enter into the gospel. I know that maybe we won’t have baptisms every month, but we will be helping families become eternal families and that is more important. I really do love this ward and I feel so lucky to be serving here!

Sister Nunes seems to be doing great. Sadly, she has been taking more care of me than I have of her. I will change and put her needs before mine! So, she became a convert to the church through her friend. She has been a member for three years, but became inactive right after her baptism. So, she really has only been active for about a year. This has been a big challenge for her because she came on the mission not really knowing a lot about the Church. I see her desire every time we teach to help these people understand the importance of keeping the commandments. I pray that I can help her overcome her struggles and that I can help her realize what a difference she can make in the lives of our investigators. Oh, she is the only member in her family and she stopped receiving news from her family a month ago. So if you could pray for her, I know she could use it! Yes, I told her about the drums and we both had a good laugh. She is teaching me to play the guitar!! Some members gave us some guitars so we are pretty excited about it! I hope I can be a better companion for her these next couple weeks!

Today is P-DAY and we are exhausted! After three months of fun p-day activities we decided to take a break. I didn’t realize how tired I was until I tired to get out of bed today!! So it will be nice to take a break, write some letters and SLEEP! I know it will help us have a better week. Next week, we are having a Halloween party! I am super excited, but I am the one planning it so I hope it turns out great!

Well, I love you both so much! Thanks for all your love and support! I know this gospel is true! Everyday I meet people who are lost, looking for their purpose in life. I know the gospel will help them find it and their lives’ will be filled with so much joy! Keep praying for missionary experiences! I know there are lots of people waiting to hear our message! Have an amazing week!

Love
Sister Poole

p.s.
Acariquara is still open. Sister Reis is working there with a part time sister. They will close it in five weeks.



Sister Young! She studies at BYU and I love her lots. Ice cream at Sister Jayme's house.


My cute compy!She is such a cutie!




All the Sisters in Manaus!


Dad can you make this? I loved this of Christ praying! It was at President and Sister Jayme's house.

No comments: