Wednesday, July 7, 2010

In four years, Brasil will win the World Cup!!

Hello Everyone!

This week was OK. Everyone is really sad about Brasil losing to the Netherlands. I am sad for my adopted country, too. One American Elder said he went out in the street with an orange tie and people started hitting him because they thought he was from the Netherlands!! I don't know how true that story is. But hey maybe in four years they will win it again. The World Cup will be here in Brasil and they will have a few games in Manaus. So I’m sure you know what that means... I’ll be here for the next World Cup!! Ha. I can’t wait! I already plan on staying at Irmã Lilia’s house.

Yes, I want to come back for the temple dedication, too. They still haven’t announced when it will be. All we know is it will be ready in the beginning of 2012.

There is nothing new to tell you about our investigators. The families are still doing well. We are having our District Leader interview with Jardel and Lidiane tonight. Basically we are just checking to make sure everything is OK and that they will pass their real interviews next week. It is just a precaution, but if they still have some things to take care of, they will tell our District Leader tonight. I have a feeling everything will work out fine. Everyone is just anxious for the 16th (ya we had to change the date to the 16th). We are planning a spa day for the brides with an Irmã from the ward. The brides are really looking forward to that. Dila (Jardel’s cousin) is still planning on being baptized with them.

Our other investigator, Alcileny, is not doing very well. A few weeks ago we almost gave up on her because she didn’t want to live the law of chastity. But this past week she dumped her boyfriend and decided that she was finally ready for baptism. So we went to her house last night to have her mom sign the permission form. Well they started getting in a huge fight right in front of us. Her mom didn’t want to sign the form because she thinks Alcileny only wants to be baptized because she likes us. Her mom even started saying negative things to us. She told us that we look like smart girls, but we are missing something because Alcileny is tricking us, blah blah blah. I quickly told her that we aren’t missing anything! We have faith that people can change and that we weren’t going to give up on her daughter. So as of right now, she isn’t getting baptized. I hope her mom changes her mind and signs the form. Alcileny needs to change her life now and the church will help her stay on the right path.

Ha well sorry these emails are starting to get boring. We still are having an extremely hard time finding new investigators. People keep giving us wrong address or tell us to come back another time. So that is why I am just OK at the moment and not super happy. After next week we won’t have any investigators. I’ve been praying this week that we find a new family!! These next couple weeks are going to be a little tough, but I know the Lord will help us find His elect. The Church blesses so many families, I am excited to find even more people to help and share this wonderful message!

Well family, I love you so much! Thanks for all your prayers! They really do help! Have an amazing week!

Com Amor
Sister Poole


Our cute matching skirts for Zone Conference


Festa de Junina!


Cute little Levi!

No comments: