Thursday, July 15, 2010

The big day is almost here!! I just hope we don't have a bride war :)

Hello Everyone!

Well we had another great week in the field. Everyone is getting excited for Friday! The brides are going to the spa tomorrow and I am curling Lidiane’s hair for Friday. Yikes. They passed their test interviews and they will have their real interviews tomorrow. We had FHE with both couples on Monday and it was hilarious. Every time we have FHE at Patricia’s house something funny always happens. Pat was giving the lesson about baptism when in the middle of it the brides started talking about their honeymoons. Then they invited us to go with them!! I was laughing so hard. I said, “Well thanks for the invite, but we have to stay here and work! Maybe in a few years we can all go on a trip.” I sure do love these families. I made them German pancakes yesterday and they loved them! Brasilians think syrup is really strange, but they still liked them. I am feeling really good about Friday so I know everything will turn out great!

We sort of lost another investigator this week. Dila, the cousin of Jardel, decided she didn’t want to be baptized on Friday. It broke my heart because I know she wants to change her life, but she is afraid that she can’t change. She is afraid to fall back into her old habits after baptism. I expressed my love for her and told her I had complete confidence in her to make this change. So, we will keep working with her and set a new date next week. Other than that we are still having a really hard time with new investigators. We have transfers this week and I think I might be leaving. I don’t want to leave Sister Dias here without any new investigators. I will feel so bad. I jokingly told her that we need to stay one more transfer together so we can suffer together. Ha but it was just a joke. I think she might train because finally a new sister is coming! But, I really don’t know, we will find out on Saturday.

So the other night I was feeling a little down about things. Basically our lack of success has been super stressful. I started praying asking Heavenly Father for many things when the thought came to me “You need to stop asking and start thanking.” I immediately started thanking Heavenly Father for EVERYTHING He has given me in this life. Every blessing, every trial, and I think I even thanked Him for the trees, lol. But after I finished my prayer I felt a thousand times better. I realized how much the Lord truly has blessed my life and how I have had so many wonderful opportunities in this life. I love the scripture in Alma 37:36-37. Alma is talking to his son, Helaman. He says some beautiful words about prayer and giving thanks to Heavenly Father day and night! It strengthens my testimony that Heavenly Father hears every single one of our prayers, but sometimes we need to do more thanking than always asking! I know this church is true! I know that God exists and that He loves everyone of His children on this Earth. We have a loving Savior, who gave His life for us! I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to share my testimony with others and help them come unto Christ!

Love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! Keep praying for ways to share your testimony with others!

Com Amor,
Sister Poole

No comments: