Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Senior for a day!

OI! Tudo Bom com vocês?! Essa semana foi boa! Mutio Brigada por o e-mail de vocês! Ok enough Portuguese.

So this week was interesting. Too be honest I don’t have that much to tell you about our investigators this week. The only news is we finally turned in the wedding papers for Jozuete and Antonio. They will be getting married and baptized on April 10! I really hope I am still here to see it. Jozuete has 11 kids in total and Antonio is the father of five. The five kids live with them in a tiny house. One of the kids has a muscular disease. So he has a wheelchair and one of the other siblings takes care of him. They are a really neat family! I will have to take some pictures of them and send them to you guys (sadly my camera is dead until I get that package with the charger. It died today!). We invited all the little kids to be baptized and Junior (he is 8) said no! Ha so we are trying to figure out why he doesn’t want to get baptized. I hope he changes his mind and all the kids will be baptized.

We don’t have any new investigators progressing at the moment. Sister Boyack is really stressing out about it. She was really sick yesterday so guess what? I was senior for the day! Sister Boyack stayed with the Relief Society President while I worked. I had two member companions for the day. It was really weird being in charge! I had to teach lessons all by myself. To be honest it was a big wake up call for me. I have so much I need to work on and improve with my teaching. I thought I was ready to be a senior companion, but after being in charge for one day, I don’t think I am. Plus, being senior is really stressful!! I like not being stressed all the time like how I was at USU. And it was weird being with a Brazilian all day! But it was a really good experience. I am not sure what is going to happen with transfers. I feel like I will be staying one more with Sister B. I trust in the Lord and I know if we stay together one more, there is a reason. Yes, I will admit sometimes I think something is wrong with me because I am still with my trainer, but I know being with her will only help me to be a better missionary. The next transfer is going five weeks so if we stay together I will survive.

A lot of funny things happened this week. A drunk guy started talking to us a few nights ago. We kept trying to tell him we were late for our meeting but he just kept talking. Then he started singing to me. I was trying so hard not to laugh because he is a son of our Heavenly Father, but my whole body started shaking from laughter. I finally told him we really needed to go. But, he just kept singing to me. We finally just walked away. Oh, and yesterday some guy on a bike grabbed Sister Boyack’s butt. She was really mad. I started to run after him, hahah, but he was too fast for me. I hope that never happens to me!

Alright, here is the best story of the week… so two days ago we were walking down the street and we heard a kitty crying. Well of course we stopped and tried to locate it. I finally found it in this big drain. Its siblings were in a sack next to the drain dead. Side note- people here in Brasil sometimes will just throw their dead pets out on the street, I have never seen so many dead animals in my life. So anyway mom, dad, I am sure you know what I did. I reached into the disgusting drain and saved the kitty! It was only a few weeks old. We carried him to Jozuete’s house and her cat is taking care of him. We named him Perdido (mean lost in English). He seems to be doing a lot better! So now we have a baby son, but he lives at another house. Hahaha. It reminded me of when I was 10 years old and I brought that kitty home! Do you guys remember that? I just hope Perdido lives and finds a good home! Hahahaha.

P-day today was awesome! We went to the zoo with our district! We saw lots of parrots, monkeys, and jaguars! I have to admit playing with a jaguar was so cool! That will probably never happen again in my life. He doesn’t have any teeth or nails so that is why people are allowed to play with him. He was huge! It was a little scary a first because he kept trying to bit me! But really he is just a big playful kitty! So yeah, p-day was a lot of fun today.

Yeah, that about sums up my week. Sad I know! Hopefully we will find new investigators this week! As always, THANK you everyone for your prayers and support!

Anyway love you all so much! Have a good week!

Love,
Sister Crystal



This is my new boyfriend! I named him Spike!




Sadly, he wouldn't give me a kiss. Hahaha




Our new friend!




He wouldn't kiss me either. Dang it!




Yup, he tried to eat my leg! Ah!





All the Sisters in Boa Vista!!




Our district at the zoo! The other girl is a member of the Buritis ramo!




Another pic of the district!




We ran home in the pouring rain with our arms linked! it was so funny!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hi Christel- We read your blog every week and love the updates and hearing about your experiences. I have to tell you I am so jealous of you and Spike. When we went to Costa Rica I would have loved to see one even in a cage and there you are -- up close and personal. At first that scared me -- but the poor baby-- no teeth?? How does he eat his food? Do they remove the teeth and claws to keep him in the zoo?
We love your stories of faith. Keep up the great work! Love - R&T