Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meet my new comp!

Well this past week has been really interesting. Sister Boyack was transferred to Manaus. My new comp is Sister Gabani! And yes, she is Brasilian! She is so sweet and smiles a lot. She has nine months on the mission and this is her first time being senior companion. She brought me all my cards and packages! YAY! She is very obedient, knows how to teach, and she thinks I speak really good Portuguese!! I have a feeling this next transfer is going to be amazing. She is the only member in her family, but she doesn’t seem to be too sad about it. She is really humble and kind. She corrects my Portuguese but she does it in a loving way. It is weird being with someone new. She is a clean freak and makes her bed in the mornings! Ha so now I have started making my bed. She makes me want to be better you know? Be more obedient, study more, etc.

I made her pancakes this morning for breakfast. She ended up cooking them because I was struggling! Haha. I am her first American companion, so she asks me lots of questions about English and stuff. She gives me hugs all the time! I really like her! I really am so happy now!


Things with Sister Boyack ended on a really good note. I am so grateful for her and for everything she taught me. I actually ended up crying when I said goodbye to Sister Boyack. I know we will be really good friends after the mission. A lot of our investigators cried when they said goodbye to her. Jozuete is really sad. I just keep praying that she will still want to get baptized! She really liked Sister Boyack, but I have a feeling everything will work out.

I am a little stressed at the moment. We have an open house on Saturday so we have been busy giving people invites. Then we have Jozuete and the family to get ready for baptism. So yeah this transfer will go by fast. And it is only a five week transfer. So I think I will be leaving Boa Vista in five weeks. I am really sad about it, but change is good and I hear Manaus is a lot of fun.
Oh, Sister Read was transferred too! That made me really sad. We aren’t sure why she was transferred because usually Sisters stay for four transfers here. But hopefully, I will see her again! So now I am the only American sister in the zone, tear. But this is really good for me because I know my Portuguese will get a lot better because I won’t be speaking English!

I was able to spend the day with Sister Dos Santos in Buritis yesterday because we were waiting for our new companions to get here. It was a good afternoon with her and I like her a lot too.

So to sum up what happened this past week… we “knocked doors” for the first time on Friday. We went with our ward mission leader and another member. It was a really good experience. We found a lady who recently lost her son in a car accident. So we taught her about the plan of salvation. She cried during our lesson and my heart ached for her. I really hope we can help bring peace and comfort into her life. We are going to visit her tomorrow!

We had district conference here on Saturday. President Jayme gave a great talk about planting seeds. He compared sharing the gospel to planting seeds. Sometimes we are always looking for the best spot to “plant our seeds/testimonies.” We think people who already have a religion won’t accept our message. We try to find an easier way to plant seeds. But, he said we need to share our testimonies with other people every chance we get! We can’t just keep waiting around for the best place to plant/share our testimonies. Everyone deserves a chance to hear about this gospel so we should always be looking for opportunities. It was a really good district meeting and I think it helped a lot of the members too.

Other than that the work continues to go on! We have lots of people to help and I am so grateful I get to be a missionary here in Brazil at this time! It truly has been a life changing experience and I love it!

Thank you everyone who has been sending letters! I finally received all your letters. I am working on writing everyone back! So keep checking your mailboxes in three weeks! And guess what? I finally received Patrice’s package! Please tell her THANK you!! (sent the first of December). My email time has been cut down to only two hours for p-day now.

Well I love you all so much! As always thanks for all your love and support! Your prayers have been helping so much! Thank you!

Sister Crystal




Our District shirts we made!



My zone for 3rd transfer, minus one Elder.




Last pic with Sister Read. Tear.



Our Warrior pic!



Finally a pic of Helena, Bianca and Talieta. I talked about them a lot in my first transfer. We are still visiting them.




Junior, Jozuete's son. He always beats me in arm wrestling and checkers! He is only 8 years old!


Jozuete and her beautiful family!

No comments: