Wow Pday hás been crazy! We ate breakfast at a member’s house then we went to a museum. So now we have only a little time to email. Ah. This week went by so fast! Transfers are so soon. We will get the call on Saturday and it is basically all we think about. Lately I have been feeling like I am going to Manaus. I don’t know why. I really would like a new companion, but I love this area. I would be so sad if I missed Jozuete’s wedding. And Elder Holland is coming to speak to the mission April 21st. So only the missionaries in Manaus get to hear him speak. Part of me wishes I could be there and I have three packages waiting for me in Manaus! I guess I will just trust in the Lord, but I really think a change would be nice. So pray for me please :)
This week was service week! We had tons of service projects. It was a lot of fun. One project we helped a member clean up her yard. Yes I pulled weeds! Ha it was actually pretty relaxing and helped relieve some stress. So maybe I will like weeding and gardening when I get home!
Our investigators are doing really good. We set more baptism dates for a family we have been teaching for awhile. Their names are Marlene and Tanurie. Last week when Sister Boyack was sick, I taught them about the Word of Wisdom! It was my first lesson all by my self. So when we went back this week, Marlene said she stopped drinking coffee! It made me so happy and it helped me realize that I am improving in my teaching skills! That made us really happy so now we just need them to get married.
We have another new investigator named Jessica. Her mom goes to another church and believes in something called Rapture. Have you heard about it? I don’t have time to tell you more about it. It is really strange. Anyway her mom isn’t really happy about us teaching her, but she is 19 years old and wants to find the right religion. She came to church on Sunday and really liked it. She asked me if we are allowed to kill cockroaches! Ahahah I laughed so hard! She is a really neat girl! So we will see what happens.
Jozuete and Antonio are doing great. Antonio is working for a month out of state. He will get back one day before the wedding. Yikes! I am super worried that something will happen while he is gone or he will listen to what other people say about our church and change his mind. I have been praying really hard that the Lord will protect him and everything will go perfect for the wedding and baptism. We still haven’t talked to Junior about being baptized, but I am sure he will be.
So sad news… Perdido died! I think he was really sick, so his adopted mom suffocated him or something. The kids threw him in the trash, but I made them take him out so we could bury him! The kids all think I am crazy, but I was really sad and wanted to give him a proper burial. I hope he is happy in cat heaven!
Last night we were watching the Faith in Christ with Karleany. She is 17 years old. So while we were watching the movie, this huge rat started running down her wall. I freaked out, I jumped into Sister Boyack’s lap. We laughed for so long about that one! Ew, I hate rats!
Well today officially makes six months on the mission! It is crazy how fast time is going now! But it still feels like I have been gone for five years! I was reading the Ensign Conference issue last night. I was reading the Sunday school President’s talk. It is a really good talk. He said, “When the call comes, you accept it no matter how inadequate you might feel.” This talked helped me to realize so many things. I am not perfect; I have so much I need to improve on! At times I feel so inadequate and wonder why I am here. But I realize it is just the enemy trying to get me down! The enemy does not want us to be successful in this life. Whenever we are feeling inadequate, it is him putting those negative thoughts in our minds. We need to realize that even though we all have weaknesses; Heavenly Father is on our side! He will never leave us and He will help us accomplish every call we receive in this life! I have learned so much these past six months and I will continue to learn more each day. To be honest the biggest thing I have learned so far, is just how to love people more! Love is such a powerful tool and I know if we all could just show more love towards one another, we would be happier in this life. I am so GRATEFUL for this opportunity. Yes, it is really hard, but this is where I am supposed to be! I hope the next six months are just as amazing!
Love you all so much! Have a fabulous week!
Love,
Sister Crystal

Eating lunch at another member's house for pday!

Before we went to the museum

At a member's house for lunch. He is a fisherman.




No comments:
Post a Comment