Hello Pai e Mãe!
Ok we are starting our emailing early today, but we are going to check it again later this afternoon and I will write a long nice email about my week. So in this email I will just answer some questions!
Boa Vista is like the desert of the mission; that is why we don’t get mail and stuff. There are only 12 missionaries here; only two sisters. We had a nice zone meeting on Monday and I was able to meet the whole zone. We are divided into two districts. My area is Cambará. My trainer said I could be here for six months. I don’t mind because in this area we have wind and in Manaus it is just hot. So the wind helps a lot.
As far as health stuff goes… everything they told me not to do out in the field; well we do. At the CTM they said to never drink from the tap but then they never gave us water bottles. So we drink from the taps. It is so hot here sometimes we stop at random people’s houses and ask for a glass of water and they ALWAYS give us some. That is one thing I love here is how nice the people are to strangers. So yeah, I am always drinking from strangers cups, but I would die without a glass of water every hour (mom don’t be grossed out it is just a part of life). The water seems to be ok (I haven’t experienced any bathroom issues yet). They also said never to take our shoes off, but at some people’s house we have to. They said never to eat fruit unless we clean it with chloride. A member gave us fruit from his garden a few days ago and I ate it. Haha, so basically, I will come home with something, but I don’t feel sick or anything so I think I am ok.
Mom, can you look up heat rash? My poor legs are covered with red stuff. It doesn’t hurt but we are not sure what it is. I have huge blisters from my black sandals, my feet are swollen, I have at least 30 mosquito bites, I have weird bumps on my wrists, my face is covered in pimples, I have mosquito bites on my face, I am exhausted, but other than that, I feel good. So mom if you have a chance to look up heat rash and email me back that would be great!
They only have two flights to Boa Vista, one at midnight and one at noon. So I had to take the midnight flight. I met the other sister as I boarded. She was coming back from Maceio. The second counselor of the mission picked me up.
The house is good. A few cockroaches, ants and mosquitoes. I have only seen small spiders so that is SO nice.
Guess what?? I will get at least two to three hours to talk to you guys on Christmas!!!!!!! I know that is so exciting! I am not sure where or what time yet so I will let you know as soon as I do.
Ok I will email you more in a little bit! Love You both!! Sister Degen
PS..... Mom I just want you to know SPF 70 is working miracles! Yes, I have lots of other weird stuff on my body but I have not been sunburned once! It is a great blessing and I only put it on once a day! Even with all the sweating I never get burned. The hottest time of the day is from 2 to 5 so we walk with an umbrella and that helps too!
President and Sister Jayme

My wonderful teacher in the CTM Irmã Gaspar!
No comments:
Post a Comment