Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Wedding Planner is back!!

This week was the week of marriage proposals!! I am not sure if I told you last week, but Sergio asked Leude to marry him last Wednesday night! It was so sweet and we all almost started crying! We are excited to help them plan the wedding and to help them prepare for baptism. They have been coming to activities and are getting more involved with the ward. The weird thing is they are taking forever to get us the documents so we can send in their wedding papers. We talked to them about it on Monday night and I guess Sergio has been avoiding the marriage conversation. We talked to them and we had two member couples bear their testimonies about the blessings of marriage. They promised to give us the papers this Sunday. So the wedding might be in March! But we are way excited!!


Leude e Sergio and their nieces.

Emmanoel is doing awesome!! He was really sad this week because his wife has been giving him a hard time about church. Well a miracle happened last night and we were finally able to talk to her. We stayed at their house for over an hour just getting to know her. It was hilarious because they started fighting and then in the end he asked her to marry him in front of us!! We loved it! She has made it very clear that she doesn’t want to join our Church, but she said she will come to visit on Sunday! Emmanoel wants to get married ASAP so he can get baptized!! It's funny how the Lord works in mysterious ways. We started teaching Emmanoel's sons with hopes that they would get baptized and it turns out that he was the one we were supposed to help. I remember when he came to church one day out of the blue; it surprised us all. We are also way excited to help him and his family!

Raiane is doing great and everything is set for her baptism on Friday. I am excited that Sister Hamaker will experience her first baptism after being just three weeks in the field. We love Raiane and we are planning a special baptism for her.

Hmmm so yeah everything is going great here! The work is going so good! We went out with tons of members on Sunday and they did street contacts! It was awesome and we got some good references. Sister Hamaker and Sister Nunes are doing well. We love being in a trio and yes, we are still laughing a ton. The down side is that I am EXHAUSTED!!! I have never been so tired in my entire life, but it's a good thing because it means we are working really hard! Today for p-day we went to a recording studio. Sister Young had to record some music for the youth in her ward and she invited us along. It was cool to be in a real recording studio and see how it all works.

Well I hope you all have an awesome week! I am so excited to be helping more families learn about the gospel! It's what I love most about being a missionary!! The temple of Manaus will be done in a year and I know the people we are helping now, will be sealed there! I love this gospel and I love the comfort and peace it brings to my life. I don't know who I would be without it. I am so grateful that we have the Plan of Salvation in our lives and that our families will be together forever! We truly are a blessed people!!

Love,
Sister Poole



The members who went out with us to street contact!




Yup I finally tried Chicken feet!!! GROSS!!


Like mother like daughter!



This is a picture of our area! It has been raining a ton!! I have been sleeping with a bed sheet because I feel cold!




They have this funny tradition here. They dress up with black wigs and red dresses and dance. we tried imitating it.

No comments: