Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A slow week for me

Hello Everyone!

It was so nice to hear from you! I sure do love getting your emails every week and I am going to miss them!

So Raiane’s baptism was AWESOME!! There were so many people and the Spirit was so strong! I am happy that Sister Hamaker’s first baptism was so special. We ended up singing after the baptism with some of the young woman and Raiane was crying during it. It was really special! We have two more baptisms on Friday! They are Emanoel’s grandkids, João and Leoandro. They are both really excited about their baptisms and so are there grandparents. We hope it helps motivate the rest of Emanoel’s kids to get baptized too.

Things have not been going very well with the marriage papers of the families. We have been fasting and praying, but we are still having a few problems. Basically everyone has to get new birth certificates and a few need to get divorced, ha. So, it looks like they will all be getting married and baptized in March. We just keep praying that everything will work out and that we can help these special families!

Ok, so don’t freak out, but I have been really sick these past few days. We think I might have dengue or a weird virus. Please don’t be worried, I am feeling a lot better today and I think I can work tomorrow. It has been horrible sitting at home doing nothing so I am praying that I feel better tomorrow. So I don’t have a lot to tell you today because the week was a little slow for me. Oh, we have transfers this next week. I am not sure what is going to happen. It has been fun training Sister Hamaker and being with Sister Nunes, but they are both pros! Seriously, they could both train right now. So I am not sure what is going to happen. I love them both and I am grateful for the time I spent with them.

Well, I just want to tell guys to know how much I love this Gospel. I am kind of getting scared to come home. I sure hope I have learned everything I could and that I have changed. My testimony is definitely stronger than it was before the mission. I truly appreciate the Atonement more and I know that it’s real! I love our Savior and I am SO grateful for Him! I am grateful that we can repent daily for our sins and that the Lord will forgive us! The power of repentance is real and I am so glad we don’t have to worry about carrying our sins around with us. It is an amazing feeling to be clean every week after we take the sacrament. I love this Gospel and the joy it brings to my life!

I love you all!

Tchau!
Sister Poole

1 comment:

Tara Mogle said...

Get that girl feeling better!! I am always so happy to hear how she is doing...and I can't wait for her to come home! She is so positive and upbeat about life and I can't wait to talk to her in person!
Let the countdown begin...only a few more weeks! :)