Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Meet my daughter..Sister Hamaker!!!! YAY!!

Hello Everyone,

Well if you can’t tell by the subject line... I am training Sister Hamaker and I am super excited! It has been a few crazy days, but we are slowly getting the hang of things. We are in a trio for the time being with Sister Nunes. So I feel like I have two daughters and they always call me mom, hahaha. Sister Hamaker is from Houston Texas and goes to BYU. She already speaks really good Portuguese, but is having trouble understanding. Completely normal! I have tried telling her so many times that she speaks really well for being so new on the mission, but she doesn’t believe me. We try to only speak Portuguese and she is getting a lot better. I already love her and I am so happy she is my daughter. I remember what it is like being new on the mission, so I hope I can help her grow to love the mission just like I do.

I got a little emotional when I went to meet her at the training meeting because I was remembering my first days on the mission. I just hope she makes the most out of each day because it goes by so fast! I remember arriving and being so confused about everything. I think it helped a little bit that she went to another mission because she had some practice teaching real people. She already invited two of our investigators to be baptized without us evening practicing! I was so excited for her!! She is really confident when it comes to teaching the gospel. She isn’t afraid to make mistakes and she seems willing to learn. I am glad Sister Nunes is here to help us both with Portuguese.

When we had our training meeting we had to bear our testimonies in English. It was SO weird!! I couldn’t remember how to say a few words. I am not saying that my Portuguese is amazing or anything, but it is a little bit of a challenge for me to just speak English. And, she is putting my Portuguese to the test, asking what everything is and why they say things the way they do. It is going to be an amazing last couple of weeks! Sister Nunes will be leaving us as soon as another Sister gets here.

We are working really hard and we are having lots of success in our area. Lots of members brought their friends to church on Sunday so we have tons of new investigators! Our golden family accepted our invitation to be baptized on the 25th of February!! When we asked them if they prayed, I felt the Spirit so strong when they answered,"YES"!!! We are so excited to help them and they said they will come to church on Sunday. We also have another family that is a part member family that we are helping! I am so happy we are finding more families to teach. We have a lot of youth we are teaching and they seem to be progressing nicely. We are still working well with the members and they seem to be realizing that they can help us a ton with this work!

Today we had to go to the Police Station to get her visa all worked out so we lost our p-day. I will try to send more funny stories next week!

I love this work and I know it's true! Have an amazing week!

Com Amor!
Sister Poole


New companion Sister Hamker and Sister Poole


Our wonderful trio!


All the trainers and their kids!

No comments: