Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Working on my tan, walking in the Brasilian sun

Hello Everyone!

It was great to hear from you! Thanks for telling me the truth...that the Lord is really blessing your lives and that you are both doing wonderful. It helps me stay focused because I know the Lord is watching over my family. That is part of the reason I decided to serve a mission; to show gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all of the wonderful blessings in my life and for my awesome family.I know I will never be able to repay Him, but I hope my service will help Him realize my gratitude and my Love for Him!

Sounds like you had another busy week and that Halloween was great as ever. This week went by fast. We worked hard, but sadly all of our baptism dates are falling. We started off the transfer preparing six people for baptism and now we just have two, Maele and Natascha. I would love to say that my faith is stronger than ever, but I’ll admit I am a little discouraged. We worked really hard to have a large teaching pool and found lots of new people; however, we aren’t finding them at home anymore. We can’t help them progress if we can’t teach them more about the gospel. Sister Nunes gets discouraged really easy, so I have been trying to keep up the spirit of our companionship. She seems tired all the time and everyday that passes she seems more discouraged. But all we can do is keep working our hardest and the Lord will bless us. I always feared that when I turned Senior for some reason I wouldn’t baptize anymore. It seems like that is happening, but I am trying to get that thought out of my mind. I trust in the Lord and I know He is preparing people for us. We just need to find them!

Speaking of finding people, we found a new family this week. They received a pass along card and called to get a free movie. Well it took over a year for the church to pass us this reference. So we finally were able to teach this family. I don’t know why it took over a year, but I think the Lord was preparing them. They are a super wealthy family, but they didn’t run us out of the house so that was good. They said they have already visited other churches but haven’t found the right one. I wanted to shout “Well we have exactly what your family is looking for.” I pray that the Lord will guide us with this family and that we can help them enter the waters of baptism!

So that about sums up the week. Brasil has a woman president and everyone has mixed feelings about it. We are going to the Center for P-day and it should be a lot fun! I sure do love you all and I am so grateful for you support! I can’t wait to meet all the new babies in the Poole family!! Oh, and I received an awesome letter from Steph! I haven’t received a letter in a long time so it was nice to hear from her!

Love you
Sister Poole










No comments: