Thursday, August 12, 2010

A good week in the field

Hello família!

Give all our Japanese friends a big hug for me! It sounds like you all are having a fun time together! I’ll admit I’m a little jealous that I missed all the great food. Hey we need to start planning our next trip to Japan. I feel like they are all a part of our family. I can’t wait for you guys to meet my Brasilian family. I hope we can all come back here in 2012 and you can meet all the people I have fallen in love with here. I invite everyone to come visit me, but it is really expensive to buy airline tickets. Most of the people don’t have conditions to pay for the trip, so I’ll just have to visit them.

This week was good. Sorry I don’t have a lot of news this week. We had to move the baptism of Maria for this Saturday. She is still waiting for permission from her mom, but her mom is traveling. Her mom should get home today. Maria is such a sweet girl. So all of our investigators have to pass the baptism interview in order to get baptized, but we always ask them the questions before the interview. Well we asked Maria one of the questions about committing a serious crime and she said, “One time I got in a big fight with my dad, does that count?” Ha she is so cute. We explained to her what a serious crime was ha. It just shows how much she loves her parents and doesn’t want to fight with them. I pray that the Lord will help open her Mom’s heart and she can get baptized this week.

So we met Maria through an Irmã named Suzanna. Well we have started teaching some more of this Irma’s family. She has one daughter who served a mission, but the rest of her kids aren’t members. We are working close with her to help the rest of her family learn about the gospel. I have a feeling one of her daughters will be baptized with her husband in a few weeks. We already taught them the first lesson and they liked it a lot. I know Irmã Suzanna is praying for all of her kids to accept the gospel and I hope we can help them! Eliani is still doing great, but we are struggling finding a place and time to teach her. Her grandmother is against the Church so we can’t teach her at home and she works a lot. We plan on inviting her to be baptized this week! She is still coming to church all by herself which makes us way happy. I just hope she doesn’t feel like we are rushing her into the waters of baptism. But it will all work out!

That really is all the news with investigators. We are teaching lots of people, but they aren’t progressing at the moment. But we will keep searching and teaching! Jardel and Lidiane have been going to Church!! I am so happy for them and they seem to be doing well. Patti and Tiago… still haven’t gone to Church since her baptism. At times I feel like maybe we rushed her baptism and she wasn’t ready. Her dad has been sick lately so she stays at her parent’s house Saturday night until Sunday night. All we can do is keep praying for them and visit them. I talked to the Relief Society President about assigning her visiting teachers. But she has to do her part and go to Church. Oh my dear friend, I am worried about her.

Hmmm, what else…? I had to give a talk in church again. But, they asked me during the first hymn in sacrament meeting. So it was a short talk haha. Portuguese is going well. I have realized that my accent sucks so I am now working on fixing it haha. I have started working on my writing. I have started translating English to Portuguese and it is super hard! Ha. But I know it will help me improve faster. I wanted to tell you thank you for your cards! I love getting cards from you guys!

Oh I received a fun package from Emily Simpson! I loved it! I will write her a card. So yeah that is all the news I can think of. We have Zone Conference Monday so that should be a good time. We won’t have Zone Conference again until November, strange.

Well I love you all so much! I know that this Church is true! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father called Joseph Smith as a Prophet to restore Christ’s church on the Earth. I am so grateful that I know my purpose in this life. And I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to help our Heavenly Fathers children learn about this wonderful gospel!

Com Amor
Sister Poole


Warning these photos might make you scream hahaha




Meet my new friend Samantha! She lives with a member and is really friendly. I was so nervous, but of course my lovely comp made me hold her first. I don't know why my friends always make me do things first lol. I screamed like a little girl, it was so funny!



No comments: