Wow I can't believe Mother's Day is already over! I LOVED being able to talk to my family! Yes, seven months seems like so far away, but the time will go by even faster so I can't wait. Well I am trying to think of things I haven’t already told you guys. So the powder puff girls have broken up. Sister Boyack is now companions with Sister Dias, one of her favorite sisters who she has always wanted to be companions with again. Tomorrow we have the big mission conference and I am really nervous that I am going to speak again. I just keep praying that I won't, but I also prayed that if they do call my name I'll be able to give a good talk and not throw up!! Ha jk. I received Shane's wedding announcement! I loved the picture of the two of them! I hope they are both enjoying married life!
So yesterday was the first day of work with just Sister De Oliveira. It went pretty good. She is a hard worker and has had a lot of success on the mission so far. I just keep praying to patient and learn from her. It makes me sad that we won’t baptize anyone this transfer, but things are looking pretty good for next transfer. Right now she is trying to help me learn the area because she thinks she is leaving in less than four weeks. We'll see what happens.
The family that will be baptized in June is doing great. I am not sure if I already talked about them in the last email. Joelma and Samon have four kids and they live in a pretty run down house. They are excited to get baptized but the dad needs to get divorced first and then they need to get married. They have been having a lot of financial problems and last night the whole family was crying because they were out of money. It was heart breaking talking to them and trying to help them figure things out. So we made them breakfast this morning and they called later this afternoon really happy. I guess Samon received some money from work so now the kids won’t go hungry. They are really sweet, humble people. I hope everything will work out for them and we can help them as much as we can!
Dad thanks for sharing that story from your mission with me. It made me think about how missionary work isn't about all the people we baptize, it truly is about sharing the gospel with everyone we come into contact with. Every lesson we teach is important and even though the person might not accept the gospel today maybe in the future they will. Like Jouzute, the missionaries gave her a Book of Mormon 15 years ago and she finally got baptized! It just shows that every little bit helps!
Well I can’t wait to talk to you next week! Love you both so much!
Thanks for everything you do for me!!
Com Amor,
Sister Poole

Mother's day!

Joelma and Juliana!

At a member's wedding! The other sister is Sister De Oliveira's old companion.

Eating lunch at a member's house. The member has 60 brothers and sisters! I just stared at her with my mouth open when she told us that!
No comments:
Post a Comment