How are you doing? Well this is going to be a pretty short email! P-day was crazy today. We ended up going to the center of the city. It was pretty exciting. I finally took some pictures in front of the opera house and some other places. I ended buying my companions pizza to celebrate us being in a trio. Yes, we are still in a trio and it looks like that is how it will be for this transfer. Anyway the center had tons of people, but we didn’t see that many exciting things. I am excited to go back with more missionaries!
So this week was pretty rough. My lovely companions had a hard week and ended up crying for a few days. To be honest, I was a little depressed because I miss Boa Vista and the ward members. It is really hard being in a trio. Someone always feels left out and I am with two seniors. At times I just feel like I am just the little junior tagging along. I have been getting along really well with Sister Boyack. We have gotten into a bad habit of talking in English to each other and staying up way too late Haha. We joke that we were only kept apart for five weeks! I need to make more of an effort to get to know my Brasilian companion. So yeah, we all have a few things to work on especially our attitudes. This transfer is going to take a lot of patience. But, with good attitudes, hopefully we can find the elect and help more people. We have two areas to take care of so that means lots of work. Keeping busy will help the transfer go by faster. We call our selves the powder puff girls! Three testimonies are better than one right?
Manaus is really different than Boa Vista. There are so many hills! Sometimes I wake up at night with throbbing leg cramps. But, it will be good because I will lose the kilos I gained. The rainy season is ending here so summer should start in a few weeks. I am in a ward so there are lots of members. The ward’s name is AdrianĂ³polis. The members all seem so sweet and I am excited to get to know them better. Our house has two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a study room. It also has a balcony for our hedges. It is has two bathrooms except one is outside hahaha. It is way nicer than the one in BV. It is getting pretty hot here; I am just hoping I survive ahaha.
Well, we have maybe five investigators at the moment. We are trying hard to find more families to teach and baptize. Like I said this area is really hard, but with faith and hard work we will see miracles. We have a family that Sister De Oliveira has been teaching since January. Hopefully, they will enter the waters of baptism in June. They have a few legal issues to clear up, but they have a strong desire to get baptized. We just need to keep working with them. In Sister Boyack's area we have a part member family that we are teaching, but we are having a hard time finding them at home. But, we taught two new families yesterday so hopefully we can mark dates for them.
So yeah that about sums up my week! Oh, the people here can’t pronounce my name so they call me Sister Poo. ahahaha. Poo doesn’t have any meaning here, but it is still way funny!
Well I love you all so much!! Sorry this is so short! It sounds like everyone is doing great and getting excited for the summer.
Love you all,
Sister Poole

The opera house!

Just another tourist spot in Manaus

Hey look we found Mcdonalds!

1 comment:
yay! you got to talk with that hot little red head! ( at least I hope you did!) Sounds like she is doing well...the gospel's true.
love ya
Post a Comment