Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just trying to enjoy the journey!

Hello Everyone!

It sounds like you had a nice week! Ha, I am not jealous of your cold weather!! But I will admit it would be fun to play in the snow right now! How many inches of snow are outside right now? Can you send me some snow? Haha.

Well, this week went by faster than last week. For some reason this past week I had a hard time speaking. One lesson I was so nervous I could barely speak. So I need to work on that! I know the more I try to speak the faster I will learn even if what I am saying is wrong, I still need to try. So sadly, I don’t have any funny language stories this week!!

Sister Boyack and I are getting along great! I think last week was just hard for some reason. But lately we have been thanking each other for being patient with each other. I can’t believe I have spent 21 days with the same person and basically no one else. But it is good for me because I am learning to not let “little” things ruin the day. The more you pray and ask for the Lord’s help to love someone or just people in general, the easier it is. I think anything in life becomes easier once we ask for help!

We taught over 30 lessons this week so that was pretty cool. The numbers don’t really matter. It doesn’t mean that we taught 30 “lessons” it means 30 people who don’t live in the same house, but were at the house where we were teaching. We met a wonderful new investigator named Hosiana. She kind of just fell from the sky. We were trying to find a house of one of our contacts and we ended up at her house. We asked for the guy, but he didn’t live there. But she was so excited to see us, she welcomed us into her house, gave us juice and let us teach her the first lesson. That was Saturday and we have already taught her 3 lessons and will be teaching her again tonight. She said she stayed up reading the Book of Mormon all night and cried because she felt that it was true! It was so cool to see how she loves the Book of Mormon and has already started coloring scriptures. She is so cute! Tonight we are going to invite her to be baptized! I really hope she says yes. We will probably mark her date for the 24th of December.

Things with Talieta and Helena are going great. Talieta had a little problem this week that we had to help take care of. Basically, we just had to explain repentance again. She is only 15 years old and is having some problems with the law of chastity. She looked so sad when she was telling us what was going on, but after our little lesson she seemed happy. I just told her that no one is perfect and that God still loves her! We moved her and Helena’s baptism date to next Saturday the 19th. I will be so sad if they don’t get baptized, but I feel like they will.

We continue to teach Josulte and her family of seven. She is a strong woman, but she needs to get married to her boyfriend. We are teaching her tonight with a couple from the ward about how important marriage is. So I am sure they will get married in January. I love teaching them and even though they live in a tiny house made out of wood and they have so little, they always make us pastels and chocolate milk every time we visit. These people are so loving; they have so little possessions in the world yet they willingly share what little they have with strangers. And they are so HAPPY! It’s true money and possessions will NEVER make us happy in life. We will be happy if we make the choice to be and always look for the good things in life! I have already learned so much in the past three weeks I have been here about life, love, family, etc. I know I will be different when I get home, and I know what I learn here will help me in the future!

Sadly some of our investigators are struggling. We had a baptism date marked for Socorro, but after teaching her about the law of Chastity and explaining the importance of her and her boyfriend getting married… she has started avoiding us. We had two investigators give us back copies of the Book of Mormon. They seemed so excited to have us teach them, but they let their friends influence them and their pastors. I guess people are always spreading rumors about us to our investigators because they don’t want them to leave their other church. Ah, gossip ruins everything! Sunday we didn’t have any investigators at church at the beginning! Relief society was so depressing. I was so sad, but then we had some come a little later so that was a really nice surprise. We have a new investigator that we met at church. Her family are members, but she isn’t. She is fourteen and about to have her first child. So I think we will be teaching her this week.

Funny stories this week… I started laughing in a lesson and my eyes were watering so badly. It was about a silly inside joke and something was said in the lesson that reminded me of it. So I started laughing and sister Boyack started laughing. Luckily we were just reading the scriptures with José (he and Sulivan are fighting right now so we are trying to help them out) and he didn’t seem too bugged by it. The little girl, Claudia, patted my stomach and told me I was getting fat!!! How rude! She is the one that thinks I am a vampire! She noticed a cut on my finger and I tried saying “look I do have blood”. But she didn’t believe me. I guess I need to cut back on the cookies and cake I eat every night. Oh one of our investigators started nodding off when I was bearing my testimony because it was taking so long! Haha.

We had a good district meeting on Monday. Everyone was making fun of me because I just smile and don’t know what is going on. I told one Elder he was being rude and they all thought that was funny. Tomorrow is the Zone Conference and I am excited because they will bring our letters and packages. I am not excited for the conference in a way because we might have to teach in front of everyone and they will probably ask me to bear my testimony in front of everyone. AH. Oh well I will do my best.

We might go on splits this Saturday with members. Because of the conference, we might not make our goal with lessons so I will go out with a member and Sister Boyack will go out with a member. I am kind of excited for some reason. I guess because I will just get to trust the Spirit more and not have my “crutch” (Sister Boyack) there to bail me out. It will be a good time.

We have started teaching more with the Book of Mormon this week. I love teaching about the Book of Mormon. I love the scripture in 2 Nephi 32:3. It talks about feasting upon the words of Christ and they will tell us all that we need to do in this life! It is so true! Every time I read the scriptures I learn something new! The Book of Mormon is such a powerful tool! Whenever we read it with investigators it changes our lessons and I know the investigators feel it is true to! The Book of Mormon can help answer many questions we have about this life and it helps remind us of how important it is to be like the Savior. I just love it! So keep reading it and studying it everyday!!

Well, have an amazing week! Enjoy freezing your bums off! Haha. Maybe you guys could have a snowball fight for me! Tell everyone I say hello and again thank you for your prayers!

Love,

Sister Crystal

p.s.
Mom in the next package you send me, can you send some wrinkle cream and some nice hair conditioner? My poor face is taking a beating and my hair is so dry!! I am going to be a blonde 40 year old when I return! Ha... Also some pancake mix and syrup? They don’t have any of that here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok primero de todo no sé si va a entender esto porque está en un otro idioma pero esta bien hehe. segundo como esta y por que no me escribes? bueno para que usted pueda saber mi correo es cmccoy@myldsmail.net escriba por favor hehe cho
Elder McCoy